The New Zealand Sock Company was founded in 1901, trading initially as Phaups Hosiery Limited until a name change in 1993 to its current name.
They operate from a modern purpose built factory in Ashburton, New Zealand, approximately one hour's drive south of Christchurch.
The company is a privately owned business that employs 40 people, many of whom have been with the company for more than 20 years. We both manufacture and import socks. Our speciality is in merino wool socks with the latest Italian Sangiacomo machines producing fine quality socks for every walk of life.
Research and development is very important to the New Zealand Sock Co. and we have our own dedicated staff working on R&D. We are accredited to Telarc adopting international quality control standards.
Combining both in house research and development and the access to new technologies we are regarded by New Zealand and International retailers as being at the leading edge of innovation in the industry.